Top 5 San Diego Staycation Ideas
With the recent pandemic, there’s one part of this “new normal” that you may be especially missing: vacation. After all, who doesn’t love a good getaway when life gets tough?
While traditional vacations may look a bit different for the foreseeable future, one of the best parts about living in San Diego is the countless fun adventures that still encourage social distancing. Use any or all of these San Diego staycation ideas that allow you to see the city, stay safe, and spend time with family all at the same time.
Here are some of our favorite San Diego staycation ideas.
- Head to Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
- Check out San Diego’s amazing hiking trails
- Visit Children’s Pool to see seals
- Take the wheel on San Diego Speed Boat Adventures
- Go for a GoCar Tour
1. Head to Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
Raise your hand if 2020 has you in need of some rest and relaxation! Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is where you can recharge and unwind if you’re officially over working remotely or homeschooling your kids. It’s located just north of San Diego in Carlsbad, which means you’re also close to popular attractions and beautiful beaches. Treat yourself to a beautiful staycation for a weekend at this location as early as May 15th when they resume operations.
2. Check out San Diego’s amazing hiking trails
Dying for some San Diego staycation ideas you can start doing today? If you can’t even wait until the stay-at-home order is lifted, these hiking trails can help you and your body get some much-needed TLC. Here are two of our favorites that aren’t far from you.
- Blue Sky Ecological Reserve: This is an easy/intermediate, 5-mile roundtrip hike. It is partially shaded on a wide, easy trail. Feel free to take your dog too if they’re feeling a bit cooped up! Just make sure they’re on a leash.
- Torrey Pines State Reserve Loop: An easy/intermediate, 2.4-mile loop that will give you plenty of oceanside views. Leave your dog at home for this one!
3. Visit Children’s Pool to see seals
If you’re a local, you may not take advantage of all the wonderful areas you can see wildlife in your own city and state. Children’s Pool in La Jolla has idyllic conditions for harbor seals and sea lions that love to sunbathe on the rocks. Enjoy a family outing to La Jolla (all while social distancing) and enjoy everything that nature has to offer.
4. Take the wheel on San Diego Speed Boat Adventures
If you’re looking for great San Diego staycation ideas that work for the whole family, then this trip is perfect for you! The whole family can explore the bay in one of our adrenaline-rushing San Diego boat tours. If your life needs some excitement, this will get your heart beating in no time at all. Even if you see the San Diego Bay all the time, you’ve never seen it like this. It lasts 2 hours and carries up to 3 people, so book one or more for your whole family!
5. Go for a GoCar Tour
If you love the idea of captaining a boat, a GoCar might be just as appealing. Get behind the wheel and experience San Diego like a local as the Gocar takes you on a tour of San Diego. If you want to do both the speed boat and the GoCar on a day of family fun, then you can even save some cash with a Land and Sea Special!
All of the above are excellent options for you and your family to get out and about within driving distance of your house. From speed boating for the day or hiking nearby, there are plenty of San Diego staycation ideas available just outside your front door. No need to travel far!