Drive Your Own Speed Boat
Take the wheel and become the captain of your very own speed boat with this one of a kind never to be forgotten adventure tour.
Experience the adventure of a lifetime on our Speed Boat Adventure Tour. A guided and narrated San Diego Harbor Tour with a twist. You are able to navigate and captain your own speedboat for the entirety of the tour while following our trained and knowledgeable guides to experience the best of both worlds – the THRILL of driving your own speedboat, and the safety of having a skilled guide introduce you to the beauty of San Diego Harbor. The witty yet historical narration is done through two-way communication systems mounted in each boat..
* Price Per Person Plus San Diego Port Fees and Fuel Surcharge
Drive your own speed boat
Driving our 13 foot mini speed boats is exhilarating as well as easy and suitable for first time boaters.
*NO EXPERIENCE OR BOATING LICENSE REQUIRED*
- Your boat is very safe, stable, and comfortable.
- Our boats are equipped with all the necessary coast guard approved safety equipment.
- Each boat can carry up to 3 persons and is powered by a super-quiet, eco friendly 30 horsepower outboard motor.
- Easy to drive! You will be sitting in a comfortable cushioned seat. You steer the wheel just like a car, and have a throttle on your side with 3 positions (forward, neutral, reverse) You can cruise slow or as fast as a jetski.
- Our boats do have a storage compartment but bags can get wet so beware.
Yes, there is a per boat weight limit of 500 lbs. A small child (under 50 lbs) is allowed to sit in the middle.
You must be 18 years or older to drive a boat by yourself.
Part of the fun at Speed Boat Adventure Tours is that, at times, we will be riding in open water. Although usually calm, the harbor can be choppy at times.*We do not recommend guest with neck or back problems or a recent surgery to participate. Pregnant women should not participate.*
1. Wear what you would to the beach depending on the temperature (swimsuit in the summer and a jacket in the winter )
2. Sandals or flip-flops
3. A towel
4. Sun block
Absolutely! We will stop several times during the tour and you can switch drivers if you like
No problem! Our boats are very simply to operate and we will make sure you are fully comfortable with the operation before we leave the dock.