One of the best things about living in San Diego? So many happy hours! With so many places to choose from, and so many new places popping up, it’s hard to keep track of the best happy hours out there. So, thanks to Thrillist.com, here are their top 9 happy hours in SD:
1. Coasterra on Harbor Island. With a beautiful patio overlooking the bay and a stunning view of San Diego’s downtown skyline, Coasterra is sure to make you forget about your work day. Visit Monday through Friday, from 3:30-5:30pm, in their tequila lounge and on the patio for great happy hour specials like $7 specialty cocktails, $5 select draft beers, and discounted appetizers.
2. Farmer & the Seahorse in La Jolla. Located across from the Torrey Pines Golf Course, this newly opened establishment features a happy hour on Thursday and Fridays from 4-7pm. Relax around the fire pit as you sip on $5 glasses of wine, $5 well drinks, and plenty of apps.
3. Bracero Cocina De Raiz in Little Italy. Get a taste of some Baja flavor during happy hour Monday through Thursday, from 4-6pm. Enjoy $3 street tacos, $1 off all beers, $2 off their entire cocktail list AND their selection of wines. You’re not going going to a Mexican beach anytime soon, so who not savor that Baja flavor?
4. Crazy Goose in the Gaslamp. A most recent addition to the Gaslamp Quarter, this place has one of the best happy hours downtown. Monday through Friday, from 3-7pm, take advantage of 50% off pretty much anything with alcohol in it. No joke. Oh.. and did I mention half off appetizers? Yeah. You’re welcome.
5. Galaxy Taco in La Jolla. Stop by Monday through Thursday, from 3-6pm, for some out of this world Mexican food. With $1 off tacos and $8 margaritas, how can you go wrong?
6. Swell Cafe in Mission Beach and Del Mar. Does happy hour have to be all about the booze? This place doesn’t think so. If you’re looking for a great afternoon pick-me-up, stop by and get Specials like $1 drip coffee, espresso shots, and cold brew, plus $2 lattes and cappuccinos. Only downside? You might have trouble sleeping that night.
7. Social Tap in East Village. Featuring: Social Hour! Monday-Friday from 3-6pm and Sundays from 4-10pm, enjoy $2 tacos, $6 pork sliders, along with $3-$4 well cocktails, draft beers, and wines. Hang out near Petco Park and catch a game of one of their many TVs.
8. The Brew Project in Hillcrest. With 24 rotating taps, this bar is devoted to serving the best craft beers San Diego has to offer. They ONLY feature beers brewed right here in beautiful San Diego. Happy hour is Monday through Friday, from 4-7pm, with $5 select drafts, $4 wells and $6 draft wines. They also have an on-site bottle shop, so pick up your favorite bottle on the way out.
9. The Nolen in the Gaslamp. Perched on the 14th floor rooftop of the Courtyard by Marriott, this hot happy hour spot has views overlooking the Gaslamp district, Coronado, and Point Loma. Daily from 5-7pm, enjoy $8 cocktails and $8 flatbreads while you catch the sunset.
Information and photo courtesy of Thrillist.com
It’s that wonderful time of the year again! SO much happening this December in San Diego. Here’s a list of just a few things to expect:
Information courtesy of Thrillist.com
Photo courtesy of hoteldel.com
It’s Thanksgiving week and there’s a lot going on in San Diego. Here’s a list of what to expect:
November 24– Featured at the Civic Theater, Broadway San Diego presents Beauty and the Beast. Don’t miss out on this “tale as old as time” running through November 29th.
November 25– The 36th Annual San Diego Jazz Fest and Swing Extravaganza will be held at the Town and Country Hotel and Convention Center in Mission Valley. Swing your way over there and get your dance on!
November 26– Happy Thanksgiving! If you’re looking for a sweaty start before you stuff your face, take part in a charity race: The Oceanside Turkey Trot or Father Joe’s Villages 5K. Both of which benefit local San Diego.
November 27– A pop-up speakeasy event, Rendezvous Lounge, will be hosted by the US Grant at a secret location. So, get your prohibition-era style on and make sure to keep the secret!
November 28– Get ready to see Santa ditch his sleigh for a surfboard! It’s the Surfin’ Santa Celebration at Seaport Village downtown.
November 29– Join the South Coast Winery Resort and Spa for their annual Tree Lighting Celebration to get an early start on your holiday magic!
Information courtesy of sandiegomagazine.com
Now that beer week is over, it’s time for the 12th Annual San Diego Bay Wine and Food Festival. This festival will take place downtown, November 16-22. As one of the largest wine and food festivals in the country, it’s expected to shine light on San Diego’s thriving food scene. The festival will feature 100’s of the best wines from around the world, today’s top celebrity chefs and culinary personalities, along with various breweries. It’s said to be “a mouthwatering feast and precursor to the Thanksgiving holiday.“
Expect this festival to showcase the newest food trends that are hitting the streets. You’ll also find festival classics like the Taco TKO Fish Taco Competition. Also to be featured is the Chef of the Fest Competition, the largest culinary showdown in Southern California. This week-long experience will celebrate San Diego’s vibrant culinary community with many citywide events, cooking classes, chef dinners, and multiple tasting events. Prepare your taste buds! This festival is sure to please any palate.
Information and picture courtesy of http://www.sandiegowineclassic.com
Prepare your livers: It’s San Diego Beer Week! This 10 day celebration of local, craft beers started on November 6th and will run through November 15th. Thanks to the San Diego Brewers Guild, beer week is the perfect opportunity to promote San Diego’s thriving craft brewing culture. Beer week kicked off with the 13th Annual San Diego Brewers Guild Festival on Broadway Pier, downtown. Participants of the 2-day festival were able to sample beers from over 50 different local breweries.
Some of the participating breweries for SDBW include Stone Brewery, Karl Strauss, Green Flash, Belching Beaver Brewery, Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery, Alpine Brewing, and Mike Hess Brewing. With multiple events happening every day at multiple locations, there’s something for every beer lover to enjoy! For the closing event of beer week, Arroyo Terrace of the Lodge at Torrey Pines will host The Beer Garden on November 15th, from 12pm-3pm. This unique beer and food pairing event will bring together 24 breweries and 12 chefs to celebrate the craft beer movement.
For tickets and a list of all the different events during beer week, visit sdbw.org
Information courtesy of sandiego.org and sdbw.org
Photo courtesy of sandiego.org